Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Mixtape You Should Hear...

Big K.R.I.T.- K.R.I.T. Wuz Here.
I first heard Big K.R.I.T. on Curren$y's album "Pilot Talk" ("Skybourne") this summer.  I immediately noticed his Southern drawl and it turns out K.R.I.T. is from Mississippi.  K.R.I.T. perfectly embodies what a Southern MC is, citing Pimp C as his favorite rapper of all time.  K.R.I.T.'s lyrical themes deal with struggles, progression, family and of course, getting high.  I'd like to hear more from this Mississippian, but for this mixtape to be my first exposure to dude I'm really impressed.  Devin The Dude, Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa make appearances on the mixtape as well. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Big K.R.I.T. is also teaming up with legendary Houston DJ Michael "5000" Watts to do a chopped and screwed version of this mixtape. The song "Country Shit" has already been done.

    ReplyDelete